What We Offer In Property Management
Evaluate the property and determine an accurate rental rate
- Perform detailed documentation of the interior and exterior including photos
- Offer recommendations on repairs and cosmetic improvements that maximize monthly rent while providing good ROI.
- Gather data on rental rates in the area and work with owners to determine the optimal rental rate. Rent research will vary but should include looking at the recently rented comparables according to size and type.
- Discuss with owners the pros and cons of different policies such as accepting pets, allowing smoking, etc.
- Install a lockbox
Market the property for rent
- We will help you prepare home for rent
- We have several cleaning companies to recommend to optimize interior appeal
- We have Manicure landscaping to increase curb appeal
- Create ads tailored to the property and advertising medium. Some of the mediums commonly used are:
- Paid and free rental listing websites
- Work with other realtors and leasing agents to find a tenant
- Field calls from prospects for questions and viewings
- Meet prospective tenants for showings throughout the week and weekend.
- Provide prospective tenants with rental applications that are legally compliant with fair housing laws of Florida.
- Collection applications with the application fee and process background/credit check
Tenant Screening and Selection
- Perform a background check to verify identity, income, credit history, rental history, eviction history, etc.
- Grade prospective tenants according to pre-defined tenant criteria
- Present prospective tenants to the owner
- Inform the prospective tenants who were turned down
- Work with prospective tenants to fill out HOA applications (if necessary) and walk them through the submittal process
- Draw up leasing agreement through the law offices of Heist, Weiss & Wolk who ‘s specialty is landlord-tenant law in the state of Florida.
- Confirm move-in date with tenants and collect Security Deposits
- Review lease guidelines with tenant regarding things like rental payment terms and required property maintenance
- Collect 1st-month rent or pro-ration, security deposit, last month’s rent, and any pet fees.
- Ensure all agreements have been properly executed
- Perform the detailed move-in inspection with tenant and have tenants sign a report verifying the condition of the property prior to move-in.
- Receiving rents via online, mail and walk-in
- Hunting down late payments
- Sending out pay or quit legal notices
- Enforcing late fees
- Filing relevant paperwork to initiate and complete an unlawful detainer action
- Representing owner in court
- Coordinating with law enforcement to remove tenant and tenants possessions from unit
- Advise in the event of a legal dispute or litigation
- Understand and abide by the latest local, state and federal legislation that applies to rent and maintaining rental properties.
- Perform inspections every 6 months (Inside and outside) on a predefined schedule looking for repair needs, safety hazards, code violations, lease violations, etc.
- Send owner report and photos on the condition of the property
- Provide accounting property management services
- Make payments on behalf of the owner (Mortgage, insurance, HOA dues, etc.)
- Detailed documentation of expenses via invoices and receipts
- Maintain all historical records (paid invoices, leases, inspection reports, warranties, etc.)
- Provide annual reporting, structured for tax purposes as well as required tax documents including a 1099 form
- Advise owner on relevant tax deductions related to their rental property
Maintenance, Repairs, and Remodeling
- Provide and oversee maintenance crew
- Establish a preventative maintenance policy to identify and deal with repair needs
- Provide a network of licensed, bonded and fully insured contractors who have been vetted for good pricing and good work that is up to code.
- Assign jobs to different parties (handyman and professional contractors) based on who will do the best job for the best price.
- Maintain outdoor areas (we have several landscape contractors to recommend)
- Removing trash and debris
- Maintain and monitor a 24-hour emergency repair hot-line
- Larger renovation or rehab projects
- Provide recommendations on how the project can maximize rental income.
- Prepare preliminary cost estimates
- Get multiple independent bids for the work
Tenant Move Out
- Inspect unit and fill out a report on the property’s condition when the client moves out
- Provide tenant with a copy as well as estimated damages
- Return the balance of the security deposit to the tenant
- Forward any portion of the owner’s portion of the tenant deposit to the owner or hold in owner reserves for repairs.
- Clean unit and perform and needed repairs or upgrades
- Re-key the locks
- Put the property back on the market for rent
This isn’t intended to be a comprehensive list of property management services, but it should give you a fair idea of the scope of a property management company’s activities.